Salmon Stuffed Potatoes or Cucumbers Recipe
Gluten Free, Paleo, Easy
- 1 English seedless cucumber cut 1" slices
- 2/3 lb. about 12 small red potatoes, uniform in size, halved
- 6 oz. Reduced fat cream cheese softened*
- 1 Tblsp Mayonnaise or yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Old Bay or seafood seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 6 0z Can Live Ocean premium canned salmon fillets drained and flaked
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper slightly coursely ground
- Garnish: Snipped Chives dried or fresh dill
Halve potatoes. Cut and discard a very thin slice from the skin side of each slice to create a steady base for setting the potato halves on a plate.
In a 2 quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water; add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat; cover and cook until tender about 10 to 15 minutes, depending upon size of potatoes.
Drain; cool to room temperature.
Ina small bowl, mix all ingredients except the cucumber, blend thoroughly.
With a small spoon or melon baller, remove a bit of the potato or cucumber to create a bowl. Be careful to not cut through the bottom.
With a small spoon, mound salmon mixture onto potato halves or cucumber slices, dividing evenly (about 1 – 1 ½ tsps each)
NOTE: These can be prepared several hours in advance; cover and refrigerate. For best flavor, return to room temperature before serving.